Thursday 12 May 2011

My Birthday!


And so after 52 birthdays, I decided to be mature and not tell everybody here it was my birthday. For me this is truly a sacrifice, for I love jumping around and saying loudly “it’s my birthday”. However, I was good! Not even during my Zumba & Pilates class, which I attendet in the morning, I mentioned it.
To celebrate myself, I had invited some really nice woman I’ve met during the past weeks to come over for coffee/tea in the afternoon. Made too much sandwiches (actually very good ones :=)) picked up a friend at the wrong gate (other story) and to my surprise did the Swedish ladies and my friend Theda (born and raised in Panama, married to a JAG-officer and living next doors) congratulate me with my birthday! I got flowers, Godivi chocolate, champagne and presents. I believe we had a good time for all the ladies chatted away. Time passed quickly and just two woman stayed after Anders came home to join us for a glass of wine.
Suddenly the doorbell rang and one of the Swiss officers is standing there with flowers and a card from their delegation. So much for secrecy!

Later in the evening it was dinner for two :=) and yes I was spoiled by Anders.
During yesterday and today I received many congratulations both on mail and Facebook and I thank you all for those. It’s nice to get word from many friends from across the globe and it made me realize that I have an area of improvement here.

Two Swedish Ladies sitting besides me, Monica from the Swedish delegation and Hedvig, chaimen of SWEA in Korea






Becky, who lives in the neighboorhood and is in my Pilates class, and Ann a retired BG from the US Airforce, who is also attending both Zumba and Pilates.







Yvonne, Swedish delegates wife with the youngest attendent Edwin, Lindsay the British attaché's wife and Ellen our young delegate wife, a Navy recerve officer, who putted a hold on her studies to follow with her husband Martin.








...........and so my first birthday here in Korea is in it's final stage.

1 comment:

  1. Looking marvelous as always! Good to see that you are celebrated in the manner in which should always live...;) Fabulicious!! ;) Big hugs from me and Ann-Sofie

    ReplyDelete