Saturday 28 September 2013



HE Ambassador Lars Danielsson, hosting Hail and Farewell reception at the Swedish Residense.


Partir c’est une pue mourir

Leaving people you put into your heart hurts! And although past days were fabulous, with lots of recognition from people we love, admire and respect it was hard to say goodbye but even hard to say so long, auf Wiedersehn!

Dear readers!

This will be the last blog from the 38th parallel, and I thank all of you who followed me, following my husband these past 2,5 years on our journey in South Korea. Without you all following me, I don’t think I would have kept on writing about our day-to-day life on this peninsula.

Looking back the time here past by quickly and honestly everything hasn’t been a dance on roses. However, the human brain is fantastic for when one looks back one remembers the wonderful times…….

For me that definitely has been the fabulous people that entered my life. I know! I’m a very fortunate woman for I go back to Sweden having wonderful friendships that will last over time and distance!

First of all our fabulous Korean Daughter, Jaeyeon, who has taught us so much about Korea and helped us with everything we encountered. A young and beautiful, very competent woman whom we’ll miss so very much. But also a woman we know we’ll meet and be with again. I can put many other people to my list: The Polish Ambassador Majka and his fabulous wife Zofia, the Swedish Ambassador and all the international colleagues and spouses, my friends from the US who already left for some time ago, miss you but…We’ll meet again. The friends I’m leaving behind; Chi, Joy, Carmen, Pamela, Nam Hwa, Ginger, Helena, Ann, Jun, Seo, Elisabeth, Hedvig, Amber, Jennie, Cecelia, Marianne, Dee, Honey, Angela and many, so many more. Thank you for opening your hearts and giving me your friendship. I’ll cherish it forever and know that with many of you I’ll stay in touch with and WILL see again.

The past days have been intense and so have the past weeks been. But it was rewarding to introduce the new Swedish Delegates spouses to Seoul and the American Base. I’m sure they all will contribute to the international environment and enjoy the time on the peninsula. I wish you all a wonderful and giving mission.

Without Anders, I wouldn’t have gotten this experience and him too I would like to thank for the freedom he gives me, which I need. But most of all for always giving me positive feedback.

It’s not easy to leave, however, it feels good to return back home to Sweden, were we have our children and their spouses and many friends. We are looking forward to catching up with all of them for we’ve missed them!
Dear all! Thank you for the interest you have showed in our South Korean adventure. May you have good health, love and prosperity.
Love Anja

 















Last day, Friday the 27th of September....












Waiting for the Change of Command at Knights Field to begin.













Inspection of the troups while listening to the Eighth Army Band





 

medals, plaques and words of appriciation....
 









I received a thank you salut from my cute Admiral ;)




















Earlier this week........
The official adoption was celebrated!









Visiting our friend Pamela and her lovely dog Witz






The Swedish ladies a Hail & Farwell luncheon, which was wonderful!






The youngest in the new delegation Elsa and Esther......



Annelie & Ingemar Adolfsson, the alternate member



Jonas, Veronica, Elsa and Esther Åberg, the Quartermaster



Linnea, Gunilla, Lovisa, Wilma and Jan Eldeblad, the Operation Officer.

 
Per and Tina Ljungner with Pascha, the Secretary!




Berndt and Marie Grundevik, the HoD of the Swedish Delegation.


All say 'Kimchi' except Per Ljungner, who takes the picture.







hmmmmmmmm.........................



Seriously?










Senior Member MG Chun hosting the Hail & Farewell dinner at MND Club



No comments:

Post a Comment