Sunday 19 May 2013

Public facilities in Seoul

In the main shopping street at Itaewon..........


People wondered what I was doing,
when I took pictures of the toilets :)


Having worked for a decade with bathroom products from Ifö Sanitär, I can’t deny that I still have a great passion for these products. This has as a result that I always look at those products everywhere I go. During my years here in South Korea I can´t say anything else than that I´ve been very impressed by the way the city of Seoul foresees the people with clean, well functioning, free of charge and good availability of public toilets. Although I definitely have a preference for the Nordic design of toilets I think many countries, including Sweden, should learn from Korea in the way the country handles the public facilities. No matter where you go: subway stations, shopping malls or shopping streets you´ll always have access to impeccable facilities.
 






 

 

As curiosa: while I went to take some "toilet-pictures" in the subway station of Dongjak, Anders waited for me at this subway station's "children library"! Have you ever seen that anywhere? I haven't!

No comments:

Post a Comment