Sunday 2 June 2013

My first visit in a Korean family home, thank you Nam Hwa!




A gloomy, raining, humid and hot day during this last week in May, I was invited and picked up by my friends Nam Hwa Kim and Sangeun Seonwoo.  I had teased Nam Hwa for over a year, telling her that I enjoy her friendship and like having her coming over to me on base. However, I would definitely appreciate if I also could see her home. Finally, D-Day had come!

I surely felt welcome when I entered her nice apartment and saw the welcome letters pinned up on the wall. Nam Hwa’s daughter had made it and I hope her mother told her how much I liked it.
I believe the family had a large apartment for living in central Seoul. And the rooms I saw were nicely decorated and for the world I couldn’t understand why she didn’t want me to see it.
 
A small part of Nam Hwas' husband's coin collection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We chatted a lot while drinking champagne and eating fresh fruits.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Later than planned we went out for lunch at a wonderful restaurant where we had the Korean dish, with lots of fresh vegetables’ and very thin sliced beef which we broiled in bouillon. Delicious!
 
 
 
It's a serious matter to pick the ingrediences you want to cook! But the result was fabulous..................
 

 
We ate and ate and enjoyed our time together until the restaurant closed in order to prepare for the evening guests!
 
 

Than after a miraculous maneuvering of Nam Hwa to get the car from the parking spot, we went to e:Mart for some shopping.
 
All together a great day with my wonderful friends Nam Hwa and Sangeun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My friends trying out samples, which is always a part of shopping in Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment