Friday 22 April 2011

UNC/NNSC Spouses Luncheon

Spouses of staff connected to United Nations Command and the Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission meet once a month from September until May.
This month it was, I was told, Sweden’s turn to host this event. Not so foreign to me after six years with Anders’ former job. So Wednesday I planned and started the preparation of several nice dishes.
Today when I opened the curtains it was……….raining. Not a sign of bettering in the sky. I wonder when this fabulous spring everybody has been talking about is coming to Korea.
Although I had been hoping that we could be outside as well (I have 10 chairs and three tables outside and just seven chairs and one table inside!) we managed indoor. Eighteen women and one lovely young man, Edwin (three months) were squeezed into my small living room. However, it was a vivid time we spend together and a nice way to mingle and learn to know more women.
Too soon everybody left and I had besides a few left-over’s and dishes a lot of colorful packages to open.


All spouses minus one ;)


Pre-Summer roast beef, one of my best buffé dishes (thanks Kerstin) in a fabulous newly purchaged Korean dish.



They seem to like it!


Kathy Wells, creative, active and full of initiativ.

1 comment:

  1. Anja,
    Ni ser ut att trivas!
    Fippis växer och frodas. 5 dagar kvar till 1 år, tiden går så fort.


    Tänker ofta på Er,

    Kram/Bosse

    ReplyDelete