Sunday 16 December 2012

Car bumping didn't spoil my week....

Besides having:  the heater not working (-10 Celsius outside and close to it inside), my IPhone broken and backing into a wonderful Korean couple damaging both their and our car (with no one else to blame but myself), it was a wonderful week.

Winter wonderland outside and Santa Claus coming to the AFSC (American Forces Spouses Club) was very enjoyable. Exited women (two men but I don’t think they were much exited) who shopped quite some from the special chosen vendors who bring their merchandize to Yongsan Base before we go to lunch. Also many raffle tickets were purchased from Ways & Means, giving changes to beautiful prizes and simultaneously we support American- and Korean Welfare projects. We had Christmas present exchange and sang Christmas carols. FUN – FUN – FUN!!!



-HO-HO-HO, have you been a good girl Anja?

- Yes Santa, can I get a new IPhone???

- Again?


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Everywhere we could enjoy wonderful Christmas decorations!
 


Volunteers Ginger and Mela of Ways & Means
 
 
More wonderful "reindeer" volunteers!
 



Birthday girls receiving their birthday present from......SANTA!

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Ending up singing several Christmas carols!
 
The NNSC Swiss and Swedish Delegations hosted a winter dinner to thank both Koreans and Americans for all the support given by them the past year. I took this evening the opportunity to thank a very dedicated and special person in my life here in Korea: Major Jaeyeon Lee, whom I’ve “adopted” as my Korean Daughter (KD). Now Jaeyeon said I’d ambushed her but I know she loved the poem I made for her! And she’s so much worth all the attention, efforts and compliments for she’s been an energetic, helpful, creative, positive and important person in my life here in Korea. Now she’s moving on to her new assignment up in the North of Korea and will not be able to travel away from her posting. I’LL MISS YOU!!! JAEYEON!!!
 
MG Urs Gerber, Head of the Swiss Delegation of the NNSC, welcoming all the wonderful guests to the winter dinner!







"My wonderful dearest Major Lee,
Here a few farewell words from me.
You say you're not moving very far away,
However, I wished you here could stay!


 
 
 
I want to thank you for everything you've done for me,
I love you and want you to always be very happy! 

 
 

Challenged by MG Yang to give a speech!
There Jaeyeon you can talk about ..........

 But you did good!!


Ending up this week we had an UNC/NNSC spouse event. Christmas Tea-Coffee hosted by the lovely Elisabeth Lemay at her residence. She had many surprises and created a wonderful Holiday gathering. Well just look at it below and judge for yourselves J



Our hostess Liz together with Sangeun on her left and our jewelry designer Louise on her right.

Louise brought some of her designs for us to shop.... 


 
And I did! Very happy with my one-of-a-kind broche, with a magnet so no cloths get damaged by a needle, very clever Louise!
 




Elizabeth made a game for the spouses she putted pictures of international famous people (all getting their own number) on a board for us to look at. Now, just write their names beside their number and the one who recognizes most gets a prize!-“ You may double up.”, Thank you for that one Liz!!!
 

And... the winner takes it all! Thanks to the doubling up with Sangeun for I really suck at remebering names! One of the things I like very much are the...NAME TAGS!
 
 
 
NEXT GAME!!!
Look at these 18 items for three minutes, then I'll take them away and you write down all those you remember :)

Coffee & Tea time with lots of wonderful treats!
 

Some of the spouses.



 

 

And if everything wasn't a treat already, our hostess Elisabeth gave us all a Christmas present! 
 

Now it’s time for me to be together with my Swedish friend Ulla who is visiting us and most certainly the next subject of my blog……

No comments:

Post a Comment