Sunday 1 July 2012

Last week of my being in Stockholm!


Meetings with many friends................Here with Denise Swedens US, DA Dan Lynch's fabulous spouse!

"My" appartment (2nd floor with open doors) for the last two weeks in Stockholm.













On my way back to Seoul now and looking forward to seeing Anders again. Five weeks I've been gone and the time has been wonderful, although just a lot of crappy weather (think what I may experience; last year Korea's wettest summer for a century, this year Swedens wettest June every…. Sure I’ll have rain upon my return to Korea).
Anyhow, despite the weather, I’ve enjoyed the beautiful wedding of Vincent and Jenna and got a gorgeous daughter-in-law, was able to visit my parents in Holland, ensuring myself that they’re doing well,  saw my brother Carlo and his wife Lin, was able to interact intensively with Valerie, Vincent, their partners, and some of my friends. Did the errands I needed to do, could enjoy on rare occasion Stockholm at its best and missed my husband doing all of the above.

I thank all the friends who I’ve “våldgästat” and made time to be with me, I apologize to everybody whom I didn’t manage to contact and spend time with, (believe me I would have if I had more time).

I’ve focused on the younger generation and I’m very happy for they are very happy!

 Anders' (as of Swedish Navy) last ADC Dennis Jedsmo and his 5 months old daughter Majken living in a wonderful house in the beautiful area of eastern Stockholm’s archipelago.






Valerie and her friend Jenny in Central Stockholm, Sergels Plaza.....

Jenna (my daughter-in-law) Valerie(my daughter), me and Vincent (taking the picture while having a drink in central Stockholm (Kungsgatan).



The above (three pictures) was my walking road from Valerie's and Claes' place back to were I was staying.

Rain, rain and more rain, nevertheless still offering beautiful sights of Stockhom.............



Denise's wonderful husband Dan, the US Naval attache in Sweden and their beautiful daughters Alex and Nicki!


My strong friend Denise, strong in her accepting, and flighting the hard times putted upon her! forths time? a charm..... (tought the proverb says "three times" is a charm), however, Denise I love your fighting spirit and possitve attitude! Keep it up Denise and thank youfor the wonderful afternoon and evening spend together with you and your beautiful family!

Long road waking towards "Kungsholmen" to meet withour friends Fabian and Erik! (above Riksdagshuset=Swedish Parliment)


Valerie & Claes & I visiting our friends Fabian & Erik

Good food, good drinks and wonderful company....



 Fabian and Erik, we're looking forward to seeing you in Seoul!

On my way to my luncheon meeting with my friend Mita and her daughter Emma!





Mita and her beautiful, wonderful daughter Emma! Thank you for your invite and time together! Love Anja.


Jenny and Valerie the afternoon before my return to Seoul.


Beautiful Stockholm, on one of the rare occassions without rain!




Vincent, Jenna and good friends and future neighbors Daniel and Krister (who just pcs-ed from Sudan one day earlier). Thanks for coming to see me last night in Sweden! You're all wonderful!!


But also Claes and Valerie, great to have had time with you and looking forward to seeing you soon here in Seoul!



No comments:

Post a Comment