Tuesday 3 July 2012

(Retrived blog from Saturday, 25 February 2012) Since a week back into the Republic of Korea.........

My title might sound a bit strange. However, due to a wrong stamp in my passport by the Korean immigration officer I apparently had been in the country illegal.
In order to leave for my trip to Thailand, I signed a document (after 1,5 hour of talking to the immigration officer, Anders and Jaeyeon by phone) which was written in Korean. Anders wasn’t glad about that but what to do I had a non-refundable ticket and I really felt for some sunshine.


 
Anyhow, thanks to everybody’s engagement, to know ROK, UNCMAC (ROKAG), Swedish Embassy and my husband, I was picked up by the immigration officer at the gate, apologizing for the mistake and fixing my A2 visa….

Totally back in the running now, changing of the Swiss delegations command, 16 sending States and NNSC luncheon, dinner parties and so forth. Simultaneously I have my husband being very happy not to be alone here anymore, maybe an indication I should do this kind of trips more often????










We will miss MG J.J. Joss, his wonderful wife Christine and their lovely daughter Noel.
Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment