Thursday 5 July 2012

(Retrieved blog from Friday, 3 February 2012) Listening to my Anders sailing story with the ROK Navy 2nd fleet...

That Anders enjoyed being at sea again I knew before he left for Pyongteak, and the sailing with two different patrol crafts!
Think he's in his element??? I do!


Now I have the feeling I was there with him, seeing the ROK Navy, one of the largest Navies in the world, in action. He enjoyed the eight meters of tide and nine knots of current in shallow waters. No, I could even say that he loved feeling the cold wind blowing in his “hair”, I mean face!
He couldn't feel the wind going through his hair....... he had his "båtmössa" on :)














According to him they were very professional and equipped with modern materials. He said it was sea state four, whatever that means. Apparently the interesting part was to learn about the NLL (Northern Limit Line) and the ROKN situation in the Western Sea.
After sailing he and the delegation from NNSC visited the commander of the 2nd Fleet, for discussions and he apparently also got a standing invitation to sail with them if Army life becomes too much.


Anders, The 2nd Fleet Commander and the Alternate of the Swiss Delegation.

No comments:

Post a Comment